Click “2016 KEEPING YOU INFORMED AT THE RALLY“ to download a pdf file with the following information about all the ways to stay informed about events, schedule updates, and special happenings at the Lewisburg International Rally.
KEEPING YOU INFORMED AT THE RALLY
There are a variety of digital channels of communication to help you stay informed in Lewisburg during the WBCCI Rally. It includes the following:
• Text messaging (registration begins June 20)
• Web page
The WBCCI Electronic Communication Committee activated a variety of channels so you can use the one or two that are most frequently part of your daily life. The special web page and Facebook page will have more extensive information than text or Twitter. Watch your favorites for updates on schedule changes, room changes and previously unannounced activities. The printed program you received in your welcome packet is your primary source of information (all of the printed program information is available also on the webpage).
Here are some details:
• EMAIL: The ECC has an email group distribution system. If you have already registered for the Rally then we have added your email address to the distribution list so you will get emails pertaining to the Rally. You can unsubscribe to the email list by clicking on “unsubscribe” at the bottom of any email.
• TEXT: Text messages on your phone is an option (June 20-July 5). We would like to ask that only members actually attending the Rally sign up to receive text because each costs a few pennies. To sign up to receive text messages during the Rally text the word RIVET to phone number 25827. Your cellular phone carrier regular rates may apply. PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP BEFORE JUNE 20.
• WEB PAGE: A web page was created by the ECC for the Lewisburg Rally. You can find it by Googling “Lewisburg.wbcci.net” or typing http://lewisburg.wbcci.net/
in your web browser.
• FACEBOOK: For Facebook users the ECC has created a special page. Search Facebook for “Lewisburg 2016 WBCCI/Airstream Club International Rally.” Please add your own photos to Facebook during the Rally so all your friends back home can share in the excitement.
• TWITTER: Our Twitter feed is at WBCCI@Wally_Byam. Be a follower of WBCCI@Wally_Byam. Please add your own pictures during the rally.
You can unsubscribe from text or emails at any time. There are instructions at the bottom of the messages that explain how to stop.
IN CASE OF SEVERE WEATHER, you should proceed to the West Virginia Building #3 immediately. Pets may be taken to the building. Lewisburg has a warm humid climate in the summer and the largest threat of dangerous weather comes from thunderstorms. Every Airstream should have a battery-powered weather alert radio. The NOAA Weather Radio station for Greenbrier County is station WXM71 at frequency 162.550.
Greenbrier County Homeland Security & Emergency Management has an emergency warning cell phone text messaging system you can sign up for by texting the local zip code 24901 to phone number 888777. (You can opt out at any time by texting “STOP” to 888777.)
Commercial radio station WKCJ-FM (93.3FM) will be doing live programming from the lobby of the Underwood Building at various times during the rally.
If you need help accessing any communication channels look for help at the WBCCI Technology Help Desk in the Underwood Building lobby. Sometimes it is nice to learn new skills at the Rally. Have fun!
Electronic Communications Committee at rally: Carolyn Beardshear, Deb Wood, Damon Beals, Steve Padgett. Program Assistants: Harold Higgins, Alfred Akers, Wayne and Carroll Barth.